This was one of nearly 200 frames I made at Balnarring, each one an attempt to find a slightly different rhythm in the water. After spending so much time chasing that particular kind of silky, flowing motion, I wanted to show another interpretation—water curling and breaking around the weathered remains of the old pylon.
Eventually, I found the shutter speed I was looking for. The sea softened without losing its character, wrapping itself around the broken timber in long, restless threads. It was one of those small moments when the camera finally seems to see what I had imagined in my head.
Last weekend, though, the weather had other plans. Storms rolled through, and Joel and I decided to take a quiet break rather than head out. My teeth are still giving me grief, nearly three weeks after the extractions, which is becoming rather tedious. Sometimes the best photographic decision is simply to stay home, let the weather pass, and wait for both the sea and oneself to settle down.
Sony A7RV
FE 70-200mm f4 G
Linking Water H2O Thursday

No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments are always appreciated. Thank you kindly for the kind visits