Apparently, Plain Jane is quite a popular little restaurant tucked away on Leigh Street in Adelaide’s CBD, known for its tapas, drinks, live music and wood-oven pizzas. Plain Jane Its current description rather proudly promises “Tapas. Woodoven Pizza. Good Times,” which seems fitting for a lively little laneway venue.
But, in typical photographer fashion, I wasn't there for the food.
It was the pizza oven that caught my eye.
There was something about the warmth, texture and slightly theatrical presence of it sitting within that laneway environment that made me stop and look. The restaurant itself has that sort of Adelaide CBD character I have been enjoying lately—tucked into Leigh Street, surrounded by old buildings, narrow spaces, signs, people and all those little fragments of urban life that become much more interesting when you slow down and actually look. Plain Jane occupies a two-storey building in the middle of the laneway, and it has been part of Leigh Street's dining and nightlife scene for several years.
I didn't dine there. I simply wandered past, saw something that caught my photographic eye, and stopped.
Perhaps that is becoming my favourite way of exploring a city.
I rarely go looking for the obvious postcard anymore. Sometimes it is a weathered wall, an eccentric sign, a strange mural, an empty shopfront—or, apparently, a pizza oven—that makes me pause.
Everyone else sees dinner.
I see a photograph.
Sony A7RV
FE 20-70mm f4 G
Linking Sign2

No comments:
Post a Comment
Your comments are always appreciated. Thank you kindly for the kind visits