These two infrared frames were never meant to be fine-art masterpieces. The rendition is strange, almost deliberately so—the peculiar colour profile is, after all, part of the experiment.
Yet somehow, I find them more powerful for it.
There is Joel, my old photographic companion, caught somewhere in the amusing transition from a thin, tentative beard towards the full magnificence of a proper jack beard. And alongside him is another transition of sorts: my own experimentation with an infrared camera, seeing a familiar landscape through an unfamiliar spectrum.
Bridgewater Bay is beautiful, but never quite the same twice. The rocks, water, mosses and seaweeds seem to rearrange themselves with every visit, reminding me that photography is not simply about recording scenery. It is also about learning to see differently.
Perhaps that is what I like most about these images. They remind me that I am still moving, still experimenting, still adapting to all sorts of photography.
And then there are those mosses and seaweeds, suddenly transformed into an almost fluorescent blue-cyan—so strange, so unnatural, and wonderfully freaky.
Sometimes the imperfect photograph is the one that tells the more interesting story.
Sony A7RIV
FE 16mm f1.8 G
Linking Treasure Tuesday


Como nos comentas este experimento nos da una nueva visión de ese fantástico y bello lugar.
ReplyDeleteSaludos.
It is memory for me
DeleteThese inferred photos present a color range that is surprising and vibrant. Your experiment worked just fine.
ReplyDeleteIt really does look like another planet. somewhere I would definitely not want to live! But I have never seen a landscape with infrared photography, it is so interesting!!
ReplyDeleteIt is a fun experiment now
DeleteThere are many reasons to take photos,
ReplyDeleteCuriosa manera de fer.
ReplyDeleteSalutacions,
It looks like fine art to me. These are stunning. I think the color experiment is a success. Well done my friend.
ReplyDeleteEl comportamiento de los infrarrojos siempre es una sorpresa por aquello de como capta el calor de la escena, de cada elemento que la compone. Extraordinaria
ReplyDeleteBeautiful. Most stunning. Wow.
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.
Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. ☺
That's such a lovely scene.
ReplyDeleteI don't see at all that a photo is imperfect. Bridgewater Bay is perfect
ReplyDeleteTwo beautiful pictures
ReplyDeleteTurned out really pretty and I love the photos.
ReplyDelete...al that I can say is, WOW!
ReplyDeleteThis is a beautiful view! I'm liking Joel's beard as it is right now! Meanwhile, I just got you bookmarked so until Blogger figures itself out, I can find you! If you haven't been able to access Blogger reader (don't know if it's acting up all over the world or just here), please follow me by email -- you can sign up on the Marmelade Gypsy home page on the right rail. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteThe infrared works so well. Nice shots.
ReplyDelete