This was probably one of the most unusual scenes I have ever managed to capture at Bridgewater Bay, Blairgowrie, over the past twenty years. There was something almost painterly about it—an unexpected oil-painting quality, with a touch of impressionism woven into the frame. I absolutely love it.
Joel was around another corner, attempting his own experiment on the same view, though his version didn’t quite come together. I think I may have caught this one a little better than he did, lol.
The foreground water was silky and dreamlike, wrapping softly around the exposed sea-floor rocks, while beyond, the waves fell into a loose rhythm, their movement drawing the eye towards the distance. Above, the sky was steeped in a warm golden brew, with the distant arch quietly anchoring the horizon.
For once, the sea, the rocks and the sky seemed to forget they belonged to nature and decided, just for a moment, to become a painting.

The water does silky
ReplyDeleteI actually prefer faster shutter speed. Hard to control that variable
DeleteThe arch in the distant mist to me is a focal point, though not in the foreground. It makes the photo so amazing. And the pale peach sky, along with the misty water.
ReplyDeleteIt is the atmosphere I really like
DeleteBen cert, si no ho és, ho sembla.
ReplyDeleteSalutacions.
A beauty
ReplyDeleteThis is absolutely dreamy.
ReplyDeleteThat is a beautiful capture.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
A very unique shot. Beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.
Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. ☺
Better than calendar standard.
ReplyDeleteThe rock formation in the distance is VERY interesting. Excellent picture!
ReplyDeleteSuch a pretty scene and colour, you did well.
ReplyDeleteBonito efecto del agua.
ReplyDeleteSaludos.