This was taken last weekend with Joel, when we finally managed to catch up after some time apart. I was still recovering from my wisdom teeth extraction, which had left me in surprisingly severe pain even two weeks afterwards. Eventually, I asked a colleague to prescribe a course of antibiotics, and the pain cleared almost immediately. In retrospect, it seemed that infection had been the problem all along.
It was a rather sobering reminder of the increasingly cautious world in which medicine now operates. With practitioners facing ever greater scrutiny and the possibility of audits, prescribing can sometimes become an exercise in hesitation rather than simply responding to what is in front of you. It feels like a sad reflection of the times we live in.
Yet, as often happens, photography offered a small escape from all of that.
The view that afternoon was unusual. A thin sheet of mist had settled across the landscape, and several hours before sunset the low sun slipped in from the side, filtering through the haze and quietly transforming the scene. The light was neither dramatic nor flamboyant; it was softer, stranger, almost suspended in the air.
For a brief moment, the landscape seemed to exist between two worlds—mist and light, distance and shadow. I simply lifted the camera and took the shot.
Sometimes the most memorable photographs are not the ones we go looking for. They are the ones that appear quietly before us, at exactly the right moment.
Sony A7RV
FE 20-70mm f4 G
Linking Skywatch Friday

Bonita foto marina, la incidencia de los rayos del sol sobre las rocas le da más atractivo a la imagen.
ReplyDeleteSaluods.
It is the golden hour! Well worth waiting for. The sun making the rocks golden, the lovely pale aqua of the water. I'm so glad you are all better! In our country, there are 47,000 shortages of healthcare workers.
ReplyDeleteTens raó, de vegades és el lloc que ens tria per fer la foto.
ReplyDeleteT'he deixat comentaris aquests dies que veig que no surten...
Salutacions!
Good that you caught up with Joel.
ReplyDeleteAlso pleased that once the antibiotics were given your pain went.
A beautiful photograph you've shared with us today.
As we move nearer to the weekend I wish you a good one.
All the best Jan
Very nice.
ReplyDeleteWorth a Thousand Words
Does photography offer a relief from the sad times we live in? I love the colours, rocks and surf, but 10 mins after leaving, we are back to wars, earthquakes, fatal bushfires, famines and fatal floods
ReplyDeleteHope you recovered completely now. Beautiful sea picture. I miss them much nowadays
ReplyDeleteThat is truly lovely, beautiful scene and colours.
ReplyDeleteSuper !
ReplyDeleteImpressive !
ReplyDeleteQuizás esa luz tan especial que había en ese momento es lo que da un ambiente especial a la foto.
ReplyDeleteLo que dices sobre recetar medicamentos es que en demasiadas ocasiones somo los pacientes quien apretamos para ser recetados o nos quejamos del medico de turno.
Saludos.
I'm so glad you were able to visit a beautiful spot. It sounds as though this venture out helped to restore your soul after the surgery.
ReplyDeleteLas foto nos ayudan a olvidar. Inmenso acantilado.
ReplyDeleteBuen fin de semana.Gracias
Un abrazo.
You captured it well.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photo. I like the arch on the left!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful photograph.
ReplyDeleteSorry you were in such pain for so long.
So pretty.
ReplyDeleteIch muss Sagen deine Meeres Bilder sind einfach Grandioss ... Gefällt mir
ReplyDeleteHimmel und Meer sind grünlich angehaucht und das gefällt mir!
ReplyDeleteLG Heidi