Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Squid in Bonito sauce


In one of the cafe located in QV, I had a Entree dish to taste.

It was a taste in heaven where the sauce was the concentrated dried skip-jack tuna fish (Katsuwonus pelamis, sometimes referred to as bonito ). It was a good addition to a small glass of sake in deed.

QV is a significant location in Melbourne CBD. It is a redevelopment of historic Queen Victoria Women's hospital site. Now it is a popular commercial central to various food courts and fashion clothing stores.

The image was taken by Pentax 31mm ltd






13 comments:

  1. ah, I love the bonito flakes. They are addictive.
    Thanks for visiting, James. Hope you are doing well. You certainly are eating well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kitty. Long time no see. This time, I am back to blogging seriously. :) A new start I guess after all the previous blogs got hacked and bot attacked :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is not food with which I am familiar so I'll take your word for how it tastes. Nice photo, though! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. not my kind of food, but glad you liked it. :)

    (those were painted buntings in my shots today - the male)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have not heard of bonito, but I would like to try it. Your photo makes it very appetizing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great shot of what looks like a delicious meal, James. QV is a little too artificial for my liking, but it offers some opportunities for good photography.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, QV has security guards that often tell photographers not to take any pictures on commercial property etc

      Delete
  7. This time I'll pass, but the picture is inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the kind of photo that gets my juices flowing. It looks as if you can just take the food out of the screen. I bet it tastes even better. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete