I still remember how lovely it was to wander through the Giant’s Causeway, where the ancient basalt seemed to rise from the earth in endless geometric stacks, each dark column shaped by fire, time, and the restless Atlantic. There was something wonderfully unhurried about walking among these remarkable rocks, with the sea breathing quietly beside them.
The first photograph captures the extraordinary formation itself—the basalt blocks stacked together like a vast natural mosaic, each one bearing the unmistakable signature of Ireland’s volcanic past. In the second, a brown, muddy path winds patiently towards the shore, rough beneath the feet yet somehow inviting, as though the landscape itself were leading me down to meet the sea. And in the third, everything opens into blue: the Atlantic stretching beyond the wandering path, bright and serene beneath the Irish sky.
After the grandeur of the Causeway, it was certainly more relaxing to return to the city, where the pace was gentler and the streets offered their own quiet pleasures. Yet the memory of those basalt cliffs, the muddy trail, and that endless blue sea remains—one of those places in Ireland where the landscape feels ancient, elemental, and beautifully alive.
Canon 6D
EF 14mm f2.8
Linking Treasure Tuesday



Es impresionante el paisaje de la Calzada de los Gigantes.
ReplyDeleteI really enjoy the visit. I did not bring many lenses with in that trip
DeleteT'has demanat per què és diu la Calçada del Gegant?
ReplyDeleteUnas paisatges molt bonics.
Salutacions!
*No surten els teus post a la meva llista de lectura.
The Giant's Causeway gets its name from an Irish legend about a giant who built a stone path across the sea to fight a rival. From my google search lol. Thanks for this! Google stuffed up my reading list too so I rely on my links stored on the side of the blog
DeleteAs soon as I saw the rock, I thought basalt. And yes, you are back at Giants Causeway.
ReplyDeleteI need to spread them out so I can expand on it lol
DeleteThe stones look like man-made carved blocks!! Unusual to see such shapes in nature! The blue water is so stunning!
ReplyDeleteLove the look though.
DeleteA country I would love to visit and explore. Beautiful shot.
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining the Awww Mondays Blog Hop.
Have a fabulous Awww Monday and week. ☺
Such an incredible formation.
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed seeing your photographs.
All the best Jan
I've been waiting for this one, and a fine job you did too.
ReplyDeleteI am not photographing much in this wet winter of ours. So spending most time eating in fancy restaurants lol. Good to revisit some of the trips
DeleteUn nombre tan impresionante como el lugar. Besitos desde España
ReplyDeleteA unique place.
ReplyDeleteIncreíble ese paisaje con la gran calzada del gigante.
ReplyDeleteUn abrazo
...those basalt blocks are a geological delight to see, thanks.
ReplyDeleteIreland is on my bucket list, as I would love to see where my Dad's grandparent's came from. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteEsas moles de basalto se me asemejan a un montón de cajas apiladas en una nave de reparto de paquetería. Creo que lo peor del sendero no fue el estado fangoso, es que ese fango es de los que parece imposible quitar. La ultima toma espectacular con esas vistas.
ReplyDeleteSaludos.
Wonderful Ireland, I haven't been, but I have heard only nice things, that life is better than it is for me in Slovenia.
ReplyDeleteThank you for visiting my Photo showcase, you know, you are always Welcome at my place.
Kiss, Andreja!
Impresionantes. Me encantan. Saludos desde España
ReplyDeleteWhat an amazing place that is.
ReplyDeleteNicely composed photo, I like it!
ReplyDelete