I rarely turn my lens toward lilies or flowers, my heart usually drawn instead to distant coastlines, weathered cliffs, and vast horizons. Yet this quiet encounter reminded me that beauty asks for no passport. Just a short journey from home, the lilies unfolded in graceful silence, their delicate petals catching the light with an elegance that rivalled any faraway landscape. It was a gentle reminder that wonder often blooms in the places we overlook, waiting patiently for us to pause, look closely, and appreciate the extraordinary hidden within the ordinary.
Sony A7RV
FE 70-200mm f4 G
Linking Water H2O Thursday

...a floating beauty.
ReplyDeleteBonita imagen floral, la belleza de los nenufares.
ReplyDeleteSaludos.
Una flor delicada y llena de belleza.
ReplyDeleteAbrazo
Hem de saber aturar-nos i contemplar la bellesa que tenim a prop.
ReplyDeleteSalutacions.
Stunning! How long will they stay in bloom?
ReplyDeleteThat is a great looking water lily. These flowers often have religious significance.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful flower. Love the color. Wow.
ReplyDeleteThank you for joining the Wordless Wednesday Blog Hop.
Have a fabulous day and rest of the week. ☺
Toda una belleza de imagen.
ReplyDeleteEl color es precioso
Un saludo, amigo
I'm glad you turned your lens towards this flower, it's beautiful.
ReplyDeleteNice. I took a similar photo at my favorite cemetery a couple of warm days ago.
ReplyDeleteWe have white ones that are like that, but we also have yellow ones that are more circular shaped. This one is very beautiful!
ReplyDeletePretty waterlily! Take care, have a great day!
ReplyDeleteNever seen a red one before.
ReplyDeleteThat's beautiful.
ReplyDeleteHow lovely! As I don't travel wide and far, I often turn my (camera) eye to details instead...
ReplyDeleteAs much as we are drawn to the grand scheme, flowers usually make it easier to get pretty photos.
ReplyDeleteThank you for the poetic description along with the beautiful photo. I agree that "wonder often blooms in the places we overlook." Beautiful peaceful contemplation...
ReplyDeleteVery pretty 😍
ReplyDeleteAbsolutey beautiful!
ReplyDeleteIt is very beautiful.
ReplyDeleteCuando la belleza la tenemos como decimos aquí a dos palmos no debemos despreciar y este lirio es precioso.
ReplyDeleteSaludos.
Oh my! Did you gasp when you saw this? I did, when I saw your photo!
ReplyDeleteSo beautiful and such a wonderful colour.
ReplyDeleteAll the best Jan
Has hecho muy bien en fotografiar esa flor, es preciosa. Besos.
ReplyDeleteBei uns sind solche Lilien nur in Botanischen Garten zu sehen ... und das auch nicht bei allen. Deswegen wen ich Solche wunder der Natur sehe ... kann nicht anders nur abzudrücken und zumindest ein Bild nach Hause zu nehmen.
ReplyDeleteGefällt mir!
Vielen Danki für deine Beitrag zu Nature Thursday
czoczo