Tuesday, June 30, 2026

Mushrooms at Lake Sanitarium for Treasure Tuesday

 



I am sitting in my hotel room in Adelaide, stealing quiet moments between conference sessions to write posts for the coming week. There is something wonderfully liberating about doing so without the usual demands of work pressing at the edges of the day. For once, the clock is not my master. The hours unfold gently, leaving room for reflection, writing, and the simple pleasure of revisiting photographs.

The fungi I photographed this year seemed especially plump and luminous, as though the forest had infused them with extra life. Their caps glistened with moisture, their delicate forms almost translucent in the soft light. I painstakingly focus-stacked every image, and the results have rewarded the effort. The photographs possess a depth and clarity that I struggled to achieve in previous years. Looking through them now, I am reminded that photography, like any craft worth pursuing, is an endless journey of refinement. Even after all these years, I am still learning, still evolving.

One quest, however, has proven more elusive than photographing fungi. Over the past few days, I have wandered Adelaide in search of a truly satisfying latte or long black. The irony is that many of the cafés boasting near-perfect Google ratings have served coffee so overwhelmed by milk that the character of the beans seemed entirely lost. More than once, I have taken a hopeful sip only to feel mildly betrayed. It appears that finding an excellent cup of coffee may require as much patience and persistence as finding the perfect mushroom hidden on a forest floor.


Sony A7RV

Sigma 105mm f2.8 



Linking Treasure Tuesday


26 comments:

  1. I've always been fascinated by mushrooms growing wild in the forest, so I am delighted to see your photos.. I know exactly what you mean about trying to find a good cup of coffee. I roast my own beans, so I know a bit about good coffee, and most of those coffee shops kill coffee with milk and flavorings. Try to find a shop that roasts their own coffee. That gives you a better chance in your search. I wish you the best of luck on both searches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my 5 days in Adelaide CBD. Not too impressed overall. I don't have the skills to brew my coffee which shows I am not serious enough lol

      Delete
  2. I am thinking there are no Starbucks there? Your second photo looks like out of a fairy tale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Potser si no busquessis per Google l'excel·lència, trobaries un cafè al teu gust a qualsevol cafeteria d'un indret remot. ;-)
    Per la fotografía és totalment diferent, sempre vas aprenent i refinant l'ull.
    Salutacions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unas fotos que ayudan a entender el porqué de la necesidad de espacios amplios en los que sentirse unido a la Naturaleza. En cuanto al café y tus desilusiones te digo que pasa siempre. Solo en algunos cafés o bares sirven ese café denso en el que el grano a soltado su sabor autentico y le permite a uno disfrutar a lo grande.
    Un abrazo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your back story about the coffee is perplexing. And your photos, as always, are fascinating.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Even if there are only a few places in Adelaide that have brilliant coffees, ask the locals where they are and head off immediately. Speak to the barristas and explain the importance of writing them up in your blog posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely photos. I used to go mushrooming on the farm when we lived there many moons ago, such fun but they had to be eaten the next day as they were the kind that wouldn't keep.
    Like you I often look at my photos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Creo que el buscar un café satisfactorio por las reseñas de Google es tan difícil como el localizar el lugar donde poder realizar fotos de la belleza que lograste. Esto ultimo es algo imposible dado lo caprichosa que es la naturaleza.
    Lo del café en un mismo establecimiento dependiendo del camarero es diferente.

    Saludos.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope your quest for the perfect coffee will soon succeed. It can make all the difference to a day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't drink coffee but I totally understand your frustration and disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Me gustan las dos. Más la segunda con esa intensidad de musgo verde.
    Un abrazo.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely photographs but a shame about the coffee.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love how everything is so green. Beautiful shots.

    Thank you for joining the Happy Tuesday Blog Hop.

    Have a fabulous Happy Tuesday. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  14. I never drink that type of coffee, but I still get upset hearing that they ruined someone elses coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ick---- Just thinking about that coffee made me grimace. Your pictures were very well done.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great text. What a pity that you can't find the right coffee to taste and in my experience that is in the most english speaking countries the case.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ...the smallest details of nature can soothe the soul!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Me encantan los musgos y las setas. Besos.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated. Thank you kindly for the kind visits