Thursday, August 2, 2012

Creek with silky flow


From the recent post on over use of neutral density filters, this was another example of over use of 3 filters here. Funnily, the overuse of filters does contribute to severe vignetting. The correction of that rendered the photo a little unreal. Still, this image somewhat gave that air of inspiration and energy!!

The shot taken at Mt Baw Baw a while back. It was very dark, broodingly wet when I visited a random creek in the region. A shot out of curiosity turned out not so bad when I viewed some time later!

Taken by Pentax Da* 16-50mm f2.8 -> The zoom with dodgy reputation for hunting autofocus and bad quality control from Vietnam!

10 comments:

  1. I like it. I would have thought the "silky" effect came from slowing down the shutter speed. I'll have to try the filter approach sometime. Nicely done, James!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the picture, Vietnamese quality control was probably good enough...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very silky, dreamy, almost pixilated-looking. I love the vivid, jewel-toned colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice contrasting colors. You would never have guessed the area was dark and wet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like experimenting but unfortunately I have no knowledge more then my lens on the camera. Filters and Vignetting words seems foreign to me. Anyway, forgive my ignorance on photography, I like the result of your experiment. Cheers, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely gorgeous.

    To answer your question, the flowers today on VDP are roses.

    ReplyDelete