Sunday, January 2, 2011

Scooter


This image was taken by Leica 25mm f1.4

There is an emerging trend for people to ride scooters these days. It is a practice considered green and environmentally friendly. However, scooter shared the same mortality rate as people who ride motorcycles in which the mortality rate was being reported up to 50% in 2 years riding time.

Being a Leica lens owner, any image I took has to be converted to black and white, with high punchy contrast and harsh grain added to look like a piece of Leica work. Tha is a generalising statement but that is my view of Leica shooters in general.

Good to see that I have finally managed to utilise my holidays for something worthwhile.

5 comments:

  1. I remember the older days when Vespa was very popular.

    Leica Lens looks to produce a very sharp image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not a great fan of scooters and of B&W, but we own this to a Leica lens. Our scooters are much uglier now, this one looks more noble and elegant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've seen more scooters being used lately as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hate scooter riders over in my country. They're usually local couriers who have little regard for personal safety or the safety of those around them. Some even run you off sidewalks.

    As cliché as it looks, the Leica "look" works well here. It's not exactly B/W, but the desaturated processing certainly works. Maybe a bit too tight a fit for my liking (a few steps back would have worked wonders), but overall a very pleasant shot.

    Leica works.

    ReplyDelete
  5. more people using scooter or that kind of transportation that fall into the same category nowadays because of the jam everyday.
    some are just annoyed me, they just drive in between your car from nowhere that you almost hit them, maybe hitting them is a good idea after all.
    This one is quite antique. i like how you control the lighting for the picture.

    ReplyDelete